How to Send Money to Airtel Money and T-Kash Through M-Pesa.
Over 80% of Kenyans are registered to a Safaricom sim card meaning they have access to an M-pesa account, however, the majority of them don’t know they can send money to other network subscribers. This guide will shows step-by-step how to send money to Airtel Money and T-Kash through M-Pesa Tuma Popote services.
M-pesa is owned by Safaricom, a giant service provider company in Kenya. Away from Safaricom, Kenya has two other service providers that also offer mobile banking services.
Airtel Money is owned by Airtel company while T-Kash is owned by Telkom Kenya. Before the launching of M-Pesa Tuma Popote services, there was no way a Safaricom subscriber could have transferred money to other network providers.
After the introduction of the M-Pesa Tuma Popote things became more easier as it made it possible for Safaricom providers to send money to other network providers easily. However, this process is a bit different compared to the normal m-pesa transaction.
In this type of payment, you don’t have to use the STK app, instead, you’re supposed to use a short USSD code to complete this type of transaction. With these services the less you can transact is 101 and the much you can transact within the day is 15,000.
How to Send Money to Other Networks Through M-Pesa.
- On your phone, Dial *334#.
- Select the “send money” option.
- Then select the “send to other networks” option.
- Enter the mobile number you wish to credit.
- Enter the amount you wish to send (either Airtel or Telkom number)
- Enter your M-Pesa pin to complete the transaction.
- Please note to use this service the receiver has to be registered to mobile money on their respective providers.
- Additionally, In case you discover the amount has been channeled to the wrong number you request a reversal by contacting Safaricom Customer care through the 100 number.
How to Pay M-pesa Till Via other Networks
Currently, the go-cashless campaign that was launched in 2020 has really dominated and people are now using mobile money to pay for goods and services. Most businesses use the Safaricom M-Pesa till number as their secure mode of payment.
Previously, it was impossible for other network subscribers to pay for services or goods using the Till number option. However, these companies have partnered to with Safaricom to ensure their customer can also pay for goods via the Till number.
Below is the process you need to follow to pay for goods with a Telkom or Airtel line.
Airtel Money Subscribers
- On your phone, Dial *222#
- Then select “Lipa na Airtel Money”
- Then select “Pay Goods, Mpesa Till”
- Enter the M-Pesa Till number
- Enter Amount
- Enter the pin and complete the transaction
- On your phone, dial *160#
- Select the “Buy Goods and Services”
- Select the “M-Pesa Till”
- Enter the Till Number
- Enter the amount you wish to pay
- Enter your pin and complete the transaction
- Wait for a confirmation message