Chelsea FC Squad 2021/2022 Season.
Chelsea FC is a London based Football Club located in Fulham, England, and one of the participants in the premier league.
On March 10 1904, Gus Mears, an English businessman acquired the Stamford Bridge Stadium and established a football club which was later named Chelsea in 1905.
Shortly after its establishment, Chelsea was selected to join the Football League in England, and they begun competing in the league with a high note.
In their second season, they were premiered to the first division and in 1915, they played their first match in FA Cup competitions against Sheffield United, but they lost.
Today, Chelsea has garnered a total of 35 Titles which include 6 Premier League Cups, 2 Champions League Trophies, 5 English League Cups, 8 FA Cups, 2 Cup Winners Cups, and 2 Europa Leagues.
Chelsea has been performing fairly well in the Premier League and the football world in general.
Recently, the Club grabbed the UEFA Champions league Title 2021 after thrashing their rivals Manchester City at Wembley.
In their first premier league match 2021/22 chapter on Saturday August 14, Chelsea whipped their rivals Crystal Palace a 3-1 clean sheet at home, setting a good pace for the season.
Chelsea won it’s last premier league title in 2017, and finished among the top four in 2020/21 season.
Currently, the club has a squad of 28 players which includes 4 goal keepers, 10 defenders, 11 midfielders, and 3 forward players.
Here is the list of Chelsea Players, Jersey numbers and Countries of origin:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga- 1- Spain
- Edouard Mendy- 16- Senegal.
- Marcus Bettinelli- 13- England
- Lucas Bergstrom- 36- Finland.
- Antonio Ludiger- 2- Germany.
- Marcos Alonso- 3- Spain.
- Andreas Christensen- 4- Denmark.
- Thiago Silva- 6- Defender.
- Kart Zouma- 15- France.
- Ben Chilwell- 21- England.
- Reece James- 24- England.
- Cesar Azpilicueta- 28- Spain.
- Emerson-33- Italy.
- Ethan Ampadu- 44- Wales.
- Jorginho- 5- Italy.
- N’Golo Kante- 7- France.
- Christian Pulisic- 10- USA
- Mateo Kovacic- 8- Croatia.
- Mason Mount- 19- England.
- Hakim Ziyech- 22- Morocco.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi- 20- England.
- Kai Havertz- 29- Germany.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek- 12- England.
- Trovoh Chalobah- 14- England.
- Faustino Anjorin- 27- England.
- Tammy Abraham- 9- England.
- Timmo Werner- 11- Germany.
- Romelu Lukaku- 18- Belgium.
Chelsea recently signed the veteran striker Romelu Lukaku who hails from Belgium. Lukaku is back at Stamford Bridge for a 5-Year contract 7 years after exiting the club in 2014.
The 28-year-old renown striker will be leading Thomas Tuchel’s boys in their aggressive errand to grasp the EPL title at the end of the season, and return the glory to Stamford Bridge.
Lukaku was playing for Intermilan, an Italian football club before he was poached to join The Blues
Source: Premier League