The Nairobi Expressway Routes and Charges
The Nairobi Expressway, a Sh 88 billion project in Kenya, is complete, and motorists are eager to use it.
However, Kenyans who want to use the expressway will have to pay more after the government increased toll charges by 16%.
To reflect foreign exchange adjustments for dollar-denominated charges, the Ministry of Transportation has increased toll costs.
How to access the Nairobi Expressway?
Motorists must physically register at the Nairobi Expressway Service Center on Mombasa Motorway in Cabanas to access the road.
The expressway from Mlolongo to the James Gichuru exit in Westlands now costs Sh360, up from Sh310 previously.
How to pay for the Nairobi Expressway
The transport committee has directed that there will be no M-Pesa payments for the highway but only cash and credit cards method will be available frot eh time being. This is due to delays associated with M-Pesa payments.
Saturday, May 14 2022 was set as the official commissioning date for the mega expressway by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Routes and Charges of the Nairobi Expressway
- James Gichuru to JKIA and Eastern bypass -360
- James Gichuru to Southern bypass -240
- James Gichuru to Capital Centre and Haile Selassie Avenue -180
- James Gichuru to Museum Hill -120
- Westlands to JKIA -300
- Westlands to Easter Bypass -240
- Westlands to Southern Bypass and Capital Centre -180
- Westlands to Museum Hill and Haile Selassie -120
- Museum Hill to JKIA and Eastern Bypass-240
- Museum Hill to Southern Bypass -180
- Museum Hill to Capital Centre and Haile Selassie -120
- Haile Selassie to JKIA -240
- Haile Selassie to Eastern Bypass -180
- Haile Selassie to Southern Bypass -120
- Haile Selassie to Capital Centre -120
- Haile Selassie to Museum Hill -120
- Haile Selassie to Westlands -120
- Capital Centre to JKIA -180
- Capital Centre to Eastern Bypass -180
- Capital Centre to Southern Bypass -120
- Capital Centre to Museum Hill -120
- Capital Centre to Westlands -180
- Capital Centre to James Gichuru -180
Read Where To Board Various Matatu Routes In Nairobi City.
- Southern Bypass to JKIA -180
- Southern Bypass to Eastern Bypass -120
- Southern Bypass to Capital Centre -120
- Southern Bypass to Museum Hill -180
- Southern Bypass to Westlands -180
- Southern Bypass to James Gichuru -240
- Eastern Bypass to JKIA -120
- Eastern Bypass to Southern Bypass -120
- Eastern Bypass to Capital Centre -180
- Eastern Bypass to Museum Hill -240
- Eastern Bypass to Westlands -240
- Eastern Bypass to James Gichuru -300
- JKIA to Eastern Bypass – 120
- JKIA to Southern Bypass – 180
- JKIA to Capital Centre -180
- JKIA to Museum Hill – 240
- JKIA to Westlands – 300
- JKIA to James Gichuru – 300
- SGR to Eastern Bypass -120
- SGR to Southern Bypass -180
- SGR to Capital Centre -240
- SGR to Museum Hill -300
- SGR to Capital Westlands -300
- SGR to James Gichuru -300
- Mlolongo to SGR -120
- Mlolongo to Eastern Bypass -180
- Mlolongo to Southern Bypass -240
- Mlolongo to Capital Centre -240
- Mlolongo to Museum Hill -300
- Mlolongo to Westlands -360
- Mlolongo to James Gichuru -360
Moja Expressway, a subsidiary of China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), will operate the road for 27 years to recoup the money through toll fees, after which it will hand it over to the Government of Kenya.