How To Apply For A TSC Number in Kenya
This is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a TSC number in Kenya. This is a one-of-a-kind identification number assigned to all qualified Kenyan teachers who have been successfully recruited by the Teachers Service Commission.
Having previously highlighted on this website the TSC recruitment requirements for teachers in Kenya, this post will look at how you can apply and obtain your TSC number.
1. Genuine Professional and Academic Documents
2. National identification card
3. Bank statement: Deposit Ksh 1,055 via Direct Banking or MPesa. (There is a non-refundable registration fee of Ksh 1,000 and a bank commission charge of Ksh 55 to the TSC). The application fee for a duplicate certificate is KSh 2055. All checks should be made payable to National Bank of Kenya Ltd, Harambee Avenue branch, Account Name: TSC-Secretariat, Account Number: 01001005707400. The Pay Bill Business Number for Mpesa is 625625.
4. One passport-sized photograph
5. The KRA pin
6. GP69 form: The GP69 form can be downloaded here. A government doctor must sign this form.
7. Certificate of good conduct.
Non-Kenyans must obtain entry and work permits. They must also submit a letter of clearance from the Ministry of Education.
The screening committee.
A teacher who meets the registration requirements will be issued a certificate of registration with a TSC number within 30 days.
The TSC number is a very useful asset to the teachers as they use it to identify themselves whenever they are making an application on the teachers’ website. It is also useful in teachers; financial transactions such as when obtaining a loan from banks or government agencies.
Teachers who have TSC numbers feel more secure and confident in their professions and have a higher probability of getting hired by the commission as compared to those who don’t possess it.
Also, a TSC number acts as the teacher’s identification on the commission’s database and comes into play whenever logistics are being handled. Such may include preparing teachers’ payrolls, making payments as well as during promotions and transfers.